450g fusilli pasta
4 Italian sausages, removed from the casing
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
100g grated Parmesan
100ml pasta cooking liquid
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente.
2. In the meantime, heat a large frying pan to a high heat and fry the sausages for around five minutes until slightly browned.
3. Add the peppers, onion and kale to the pan and sauté until slightly tender, around three minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Save a ladleful of pasta water and drain the rest from the pasta.
5. Put the pasta in a large bowl with the Parmesan and 3/4 quarters of the cooking liquid. Stir the pasta until the cheese is melted. If you want the pasta to be more creamy, add the remaining cooking liquid.
6. Add the sausages, peppers, onion and kale to the pasta and toss gently.