Ingredients (makes 12)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
125g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
4 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
150g strawberries, hulled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190C /gas mark five and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. In a bowl, lightly beat together the oil, milk and lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest, flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, caster sugar and egg, then stir the strawberries into the mixture.
4. Stir in the oil mixture until it is moist and then fill up the muffin cases until they are about three quarters full with the batter.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.