• 200g rolled oats
• 50g crisp rice
• 50g plain flour
• 300g runny honey
• 100g coconut oil
• Pinch of salt
• 100g dried apricots, chopped
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking tray. Add all the dry ingredients (minus 20g of apricots) to a large bowl and mix together well.
2. In a separate microwaveable bowl add the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract then microwave for 30 seconds or until the coconut oil has melted. Stir the ingredients together and pour over the dry ingredients.
3. Mix together so all the dry ingredients are well coated with the honey mix then tip into the prepared tin and press the mix down firmly so it’s even.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until just golden brown on top then remove from oven and using another tin, press down again to flatten the mix.
5. Leave to cool in the tin then cut into bars. Serve and enjoy.