Wine & Dine Yorkshire is very excited to announce that Tommy Banks’ festive deliveries are back.
From festive provisions like Black Garlic Glazed Ham and Kernel Marzipan Christmas Cake; to a 4 course Duck Crown Christmas day menu or 6 course New Year’s Eve feast with Haxby Sourdough and Chicken Fat, Beef Wellington and Chocolate & Woodruff dessert – the Yorkshire chef is bringing customers nationwide a taste of Oldstead this winter using ingredients exclusively produced, harvested or foraged in or around his family’s farm in Oldstead.
Tommy Banks, the world renowned Yorkshire-based chef behind Michelin-starred restaurants The Black Swan (Oldstead) and Roots (York) is excited to bring back his nationwide festive deliveries this December for the second year running. Along with his team at Made in Oldstead (MIO) – the premium at-home delivery experience launched during the pandemic’s first lockdown in 2020 – Tommy has curated an exceptional collection of 4 to 6 course food boxes, hampers and treats to be enjoyed over the festive period.
Available to order online now, the deliveries exemplify Tommy and teams’ celebration of Yorkshire’s diverse produce. Using ingredients foraged or harvested from or around the Banks family’s farm, and showcasing foods from Tommy’s favourite local suppliers, the team brings customers across the country a taste of Oldstead this Christmas and New Year.
- White Chocolate and Sour Cherry Panettone Gift Set (£49.50) – delivery 29 November, 6 December or 13 December: An Oldstead twist on the delicious Italian classic, this sourdough panettone combines almond-like flavours of plum kernels with sour cherries and white chocolate. Packaged with a selection of Oldstead preserves (Lemon Verbena Rosemary Curd, Damson Jam and Spiced Plum Jam).
- The Oldstead Ultimate Festive Box (£160) – delivery 21 December: The ultimate festive indulgence with a delicious collection of products made exclusively by MIO or one of the team’s trusted local suppliers. Cold Smoked Salmon, Black Garlic Glazed Ham with Oldstead Cornichons, Kernel Marzipan Christmas Cake and much more – the hamper has everything you need for a Christmas feast.
- The Wakendale Christmas Hamper (£70) – delivery 8 December or 15 December: Named after the dale that runs down the back of the Oldstead farm, this Christmas hamper has a number of sweet treats to enjoy over the festive period. From homemade Lemon Verbena Shortbread to Mayweed Rum Chocolate Truffles to the Made in Oldstead Sea Buckthorn Bellini Mix, perfect served with fizz on Christmas morning. And for the perfect keepsake, a beautiful handmade salt and pepper pinch pot, made by one of the ceramicists the team works with, Neil the Potter.
- Made in Oldstead Beef Wellington Christmas Day Box (£190 for 2, £360 for 4, £520 for 6, £670 for 8, £810 for 10) – delivery 22 December: A sensational 4 course menu of Chicory Root, Onion and Old Winchester; Cold Smoked Salmon served with Whipped Buttermilk and Pickled Fennel; a Beef Wellington with all the trimmings – think ducks in blankets, Pommes Anna and Bread Sauce; and a Chocolate & Woodruff fondant pudding.
- Made in Oldstead Duck Crown Christmas Day Box for 4 (£340) – delivery 22 December: This 4 course box serves up the same courses as above, replacing the Beef Wellington with a beautiful Duck Crown and all the trimmings.
- Made in Oldstead Vegetarian Christmas Day Box for 2 (£160) – delivery 22 December: A 4 course menu for vegetarians. Chicory Root, Onion and Old Winchester cheese comes first, followed by Chestnut and Jerusalem Artichoke Ravioli with a dulse and norri beure blanc and sea herbs. A Celeriac Pithivier is served with all the trimmings and a Chocolate & Mayweed fondant rounds the meal off.
- New Year’s Eve Box (£225 for 2, £435 for 4, £635 for 6, £825 for 8, £995 for 10) – delivery 29 December: Ring in 2021 with a 6 course festive feast. Commence celebrations with Chicken Fat served with Haxby sourdough and cep butter; and delicious slices of culatello salami served with fermented mushroom gel, pommery mustard and fermented vegetables. A fish course of Halibut, Celeriac puree and Douglas Fir oil precedes a main of Beef Wellington, Beef Fat Pommes Chips and Oldstead greens with a rich bone marrow sauce. Enjoy a delice-style Chocolate & Woodruff dessert with layers of chocolate cremeux and woodruff bourbon gel as you prepare for the New Year countdown.
- New Year’s Eve Vegetarian Box (£200 for 2) – delivery 29 December: A 6 course vegetarian feast to toast the new year with. Kick off your celebrations with Haxby Bakehouse’s sourdough and cultured butter, followed by an umami tart case filled with pickled Hen of the Woods mushrooms, caramelised whey and mushroom puree. A Squash, Mustard, Mushroom dish and an Apple & Gooseberry palate cleanser precede a main of celeriac and truffle pithivier with Pommes Anna, brassicas and rich mushroom jus. Round off the night with a Chocolate, Woodruff, White Chocolate dessert.
A series of add-ons are available for all orders, not least a batch of Tommy’s famous Root Vegetable Mince Pies served on last year’s Great British Menu, alongside the Made in Oldstead Eggnog (£19.50). Customers can also add some celebratory decadence to their order in the form of Cornish Salted Caviar (£40 per 20g) and Wiltshire Truffle (£40). Fittingly festively flavoured cocktails such as the Buck Fizz Set, the Damson Sazerac and the Bramble Negroni, are available to purchase alongside festive food orders with 500ml pre-bottled cocktails from The Black Swan (from £39).
A selection of wines are also available from Tommy and his brother James’ newly-launched canned wine business 250ml cans (£21 for 3), along with collaborative beer sets including Sweet Woodruff Lager (from £14 for 4) and limited edition English sparkling wine from Charles Palmer (£47).
To pre-order and view full list of products visit – https://madeinoldstead.co.uk/christmas/