1 garlic bulb, three cloves crushed
2 tbsp chopped oregano
2 lemons, one juiced and the other cut into wedges
4 tbsp olive oil
1 whole chicken
3 large peppers, cut into chunks
3 small red onions
4 large courgettes, cut into chunky wedges
3 tbsp chopped mint, plus a few sprigs to serve
200g feta cheese, crumbled
400g can chickpeas, drained
1. Heat oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
2. Mix the crushed garlic and oregano with the lemon juice and three tablespoons of oil to make a dressing.
3. Score the chicken legs and put the chicken into a roasting tin. Rub with two tablespoons of the dressing, stuff the squeezed lemon shells into the cavity and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Tip the peppers, onions, garlic and courgettes into a bowl and mix with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. After 30 minutes, put the vegetables around the chicken and roast for another hour.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with foil and leave to rest. Empty the fat from the roasting tin, skim and return the juices to the tin. Add the lemon wedges, mint, feta, chickpeas and remaining dressing.
7. Serve with warm, crusty bread.