400g dried linguine
4 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 whole cooked crab, picked, or around 100g brown crabmeat and 200g fresh white crabmeat
Splash of white wine
Squeeze of lemon
Handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. Boil the linguine for one minute less than the packet instructions and stir well occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
2. While the pasta cooks, gently heat three tablespoons of olive oil with the chilli and garlic then turn the heat up and add the white wine.
3. Simmer everything until the wine and olive oil come together, then take off the heat and add the brown crabmeat, using a wooden spoon to mash it into the olive oil to make a thick sauce.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, take it off the heat and use a pair of tongs to lift the pasta from the water into the sauce.
5. Off the heat, add the white crabmeat and parsley and stir well. Add a drop of pasta water if it starts to stick. Drizzle with the remaining oil and add a squeeze of lemon juice.