• 400g Chicken breast
• 2 tbsp cassava flour
• 80ml sunflower oil
• 1 large white onion, chopped into medium chunks
• 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 6 dry Thai bird’s eye chillies
• 150g unsalted cashew nuts
• 5 fresh long red chilli peppers, cut into strips
• 5 fresh chilli peppers, cut into strips
• 1 bunch of spring onions, cut into 2.5cm pieces
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce
• 80ml stock or water
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• A pinch of ground white pepper
• Pinch of salt and sugar
1. Fry the cashews in some sunflower oil until golden brown. Repeat with the dry chillies for 1 min then set both aside.
2. After dicing the chicken breast, coat it with the flour and fry in a pan until cooked through.
3. Combine all the sauce ingredients into one bowl.
4. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli peppers on a low heat for several minutes, letting the flavours simmer.
5. Add the sauce, chicken, cashew nuts and dry chillies, mixing everything together for several minutes on a medium-high heat.
6. Add the spring onions two minutes before you turn off the heat and serve with jasmine rice.